Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rupaul said it best, "You got to Work"

I had one of the best days at work last week, which really has happened in a while. I have been so stressed about finding that one job to really take it to the next level that I have been really frustrated as to what to really spend time on and what do I let go by. I have had many request to collaborate with people in the bridal industry that I don’t know if it is time to get out of the business or not, timing is everything! Apart from doing sales and invitation I have been in the industry for five years….talk about time flying. Anyways, the magazine that I work for is wrapping up all the sales part of advertising and asked me to cross over and help at the photo shoots, leaving the sales behind for a week or so. This was music to my ears because sales can be exhausting from time to time but actually getting to do something creative, besides doing the invitations, totally spoke to me on so many different levels. I met my boss at a local bridal dress shop to pick out dresses and accessories for some of the looks we were looking to capture. The look I was trying to accomplish on the photos posted is more of a vintage feel. I had my inner Rachel Zoe take over and away I went. We met in downtown San Diego to shoot at this lounge location that if you accidentally blinked while driving you would miss it. It was the coolest place to have a party. Of course the model was thirty minutes late but we got everyone, hair and makeup, flowers and photographers in place while staging some of the locations. We completed six different looks and six different locations in seven hours. This I think in the industry is pretty good because my boss was very happy. I also got invited to two other shoots. The magazine actually goes to print in September and the annual launch of the new issue is in October. Those parties Ian and I definitely do not miss under any circumstances. It is so hard to put a finger on what exactly I want to do but I guess for now my title is a little bit of everything and for once in my life I think I am ok with that. I figure you just have to keep working through all of these little things to see what fits. Hear are the photos, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment