Friday, June 26, 2009

You are the BEST thing!

Today marks the 13th anniversary of my grandfather’s death and even though most probably find it weird to remember this day that once and still does bring much emotion and pain, it also highlights some of the best memories of my life. I can’t believe how fast time truly passes; it only seems to speed up with each year you grow old. Papa Bill loved being around all of the family, which sometimes I questions because we’re mostly crazy. Some of the things that always come to mind when I think of him is chocolate, airplanes breakfast, his white bronco which he especially loved to drive when O.J. was being chased and yes with black gloves on, a good pair of pajamas and his cabin up in Shaver Lake. Every time when the family gets together we always reminisce about all of the stories that each family member cherishes. I know there are a lot of us yet each person has there own special moment from our childhoods and even though I have heard it fifty millions time in my life, I can hear it fifty million times more. I was so young when he passed that it really was hard to come to terms with everything for quite some time. I didn’t realize all the things he was so good at and just how much everyone truly did love him until he was gone but I think the best thing he was good at was being a terrific father and grandfather. I can only wish to be so lucky to accomplish half of what he did and can’t think him enough for everything he taught me. I LOVE you Papa Bill!!!



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your Grandpa. Thanks for commenting on my blog ... I didn't even know you had one! Yippee.

    ReplyDelete