Monday, October 19, 2009

Backup Johnny



I get a phone call a couple Saturdays ago from my friend T.J. that he was in town with Backup Jonny, best band from Bakersfield. If you are from Bako, it is the band that you have definitely heard of especially if you have been to Fish Lips! Ian and I are so there! We met up for sushi at the best kept secret place in San Diego, Chiba’s, and if you are in the area we recommend the Dynamite Roll. After catching up since the last time we saw them perform, we headed downtown to Hennessey’s Bar. We waited for the band to set up and start playing. I really love Bakersfield in the fact that we travel in groups. A lot of people from Bako made the trip down to support the band. We also are the life of the party. Everyone really likes to be around us as a whole, it is hard to explain but you have to be there. Some people in the bar can be so uptight and well I guess we really don’t care what some might think. By the end of the night, everyone else who is not from Bakersfield, wants to be…that’s funny, can you imagine dropping them in a field somewhere in the middle of a hot summer afternoon. Anyways, once the place really started to get rockin, my guy T.J. got up on the mike to rap his “California Love.” The place went wild. After a couple of beers and paying the overpriced parking in San Diego, $30.00for 4 hours; my hubby and I went home. I really miss some of the gang from good Old Bako!






The Album




T.J on the Mic and some drunk sailor who really was excitied




Matt and Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment