Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I met the Creator

I can barely get this blog out because I am still so excited from last weekend’s event.  It all started last Thursday when Dena, my boss, ran through the office to tell us that she heard Martha Stewart was coming to town. All the girls in the office nearly fell out of there chairs except for myself, I thought it might be a nasty rumor that I wouldn't  get my hopes up for an even bigger fall. So I did what any other girl would do...I took it to the twitter while at work; someone had to know something. I never heard anything and so I put up my protected guard as if I never heard such allegations. Then, early Sunday morning I get a text from Dena..."MARTHA IS IN THE BUILDING!" This was all that I need to hear before I found myself speeding to Carlsbad Costco to come face to face with the woman who gives us so much inspiration. I get there and of course the parking lot is full with babies and Gucci purses. I get in line and right when I get to the door I can see a shining light...Martha, and yes we are on a first name basis now. I found it so funny that they put her in the meat section at Costco...literally next to the beef! I took notice of her choice of beverage as well...Costco mocha, Fate or product placement? I was at the front of the line and asked if she could sign my cook book, addressed with a special name. Right then her PR person steps in front and says, "Martha is only signing her name." Well o.k. I took my cookbook and walked away...she wasn't very talkative but I just chalked it up as I gave her an inspirational moment and she was in deep thought of her next big idea! I posted some pictures below for you to check out. Enjoy!



People at Costco




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment