Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!

So this last Saturday, Ian and I head up to Santa Monica for the day to watch my brother first away game. We got up early on Saturday, grabbed a coffee and headed for the open road. We went to my sister’s apartment to pick her up and headed to the outdoor mall in Santa Monica to meet up with my parents. Surprisingly, I didn't find anything worth shopping for. I really enjoyed spending time with the family and doing what we do best..eating. We went to this sports bar to pass some time before the football game. It felt like the whole world was there because of the U.C.L.A and U.S.C. game. We ordered our food and waited but then all of the sudden all the waiters started blowing their whistles. we looked around only to see everyone walking to our table to bring us our food; Ian apparently ordered a special item on the menu that got the whole restaurants attention. People were walking over to our table to take a picture with Ian and his meal. F.Y.I...he did not finish the burger.



After our meal, we headed over to the college for the big game. Let me just start by saying it is very hard to go to a high school like East and to feel uncomfortable or feel a little bit of culture shock. We walk up to buy our tickets and then had to proceed through a metal detector while a police officer checked our purses! There was no food stand but a roach coach. The cheerleaders had their baby on the field with them. I felt really bad because no one showed up to support the other team. Bakersfield, however took up the stands! I was so proud of how the team played, they were classy and didn't play nasty like the other team and we even ended up cheering for the other team to be good sports. I made these fingers that ended up being such a hit! A couple of the pictures were from the previous weeks game as well. We won 43-0. Leave a comment if you want a finger!








No comments:

Post a Comment