Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So this last weekend Ian and I came home for a couple of different things. We came home late Friday night. Go up early Saturday morning and went to my Aunt house for a barbeque. It was my grandmother’s birthday and so the family just wanted to be together, it was really nice. We told stories and looked through my grandmother college yearbooks. After that, Ian and I left to go to the B.C. football game because my brother Charlie is playing, even as a freshmen. I was a little nervous for him because the other team looked absolutely huge. I didn’t realize what a tough program that had up there, they are ranked 13th in the nation for junior college and that is why Cal State doesn’t have a program. My brother plays wedge buster aka sprint to the end of the field at kick off and break through the line to tackle the guy catching the football to run it back. I was so impressed! They ended up killing the other team 55-7. After the game I went by a friend house from High school. They are going to Argentina to teach English. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone! I met up with my brother and sister later that night, very weird to party with the siblings but none the less always fun. Sunday we woke up and went to brunch and then came home to take a nap…very long night before. Later that day we said our goodbye and off to Ian’s dad’s house for a barbeque. It was so nice to see my two nieces! Then the usual routine we have been doing year after year. Gas up, long drive to the base of the mountain and I cry the whole way because I miss my family. I usually get better about Los Angeles. P.S. Ian and I had our first serious talk about moving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment