Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fall


I can’t believe it is already first of September. Time really does fly by when you get older! I love it that fall is around the corner. There is something about fall that even when I was little, I couldn’t wait for it to get here. Even though I am not a huge fan of apples, I love apple cider, pumpkins and the leave turning all the different orange and brown colors. I love seeing all the retail stores stocking their shelves with back to school product, Halloween costumes and then the highlight of my year CHRISTMAS! I know I am completely sick but I think I love this time of yearly naturally because I get to decorate like crazy. I started out in September by helping my mom in her classroom with all her bulletin boards. Then I remember always getting to decorate the house with Molly and Charlie for Halloween. I would even go as far as talking my grandma into a Target trip after school so I could do her house as well. Then you have Thanksgiving, another favorite of mine. I love helping my mom cook and set the table for all 9,000 family members with the exception of the year when we decided that it would be a great year to use china…that is a lot of cleaning dishes by hand my friends! Last but not least, every day after Thanksgiving, my dad gets the lights upon the house; always the first on the block. After getting our lights up, we would always do my grandma’s house. I thought I was so cool because I got to get on the second story roof with my dad! I remember always wanting to help in every little aspect. Even now poor Ian has to eat dinner with glittered place mats and some décor staring back at him. If anyone wants to swap any crafting ideas…I’M TOTALLY DOWN! Until then, I will be enjoying the season.






No comments:

Post a Comment