Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bloomies



This last Thursday I went to a private bridal event at Bloomingdales. I had so much fun. I really like networking with the vendors there, I have seen them a lot lately. It just so happen to also be the weekend I was helping my friends who own a bridal boutique for a Claire Pettibone trunk show; one of them is currently on maternity leave. They had brought the dresses to the event and when I met up with Anne she couldn't wait to tell me that the designer would be at the event and was going to be at the shop with us meeting the brides who were interested in her dresses. I got really nervous. Claire was a little quite at first but then she warmed up as we went to appointment to appointment. She is one of the most fascinating people EVER. I am so inspired on how she keeps such a high profile career going along with having a two year old daughter. Her husband is super nice as well and helps in the family business which originally started in lingerie that is carried and Nordy's. As the brides came through she gifted them little customizations on their dresses if they bought that day…super nice, she even did a custom sketch of a dress and signed it for a bride. Her style is very non-traditional but she was telling me how she travels to Europe to pick very unique lace and silks. She has stunning dresses with lace draped over the open back and beading…to die foe! Such a pleasure to meet her...I have her personal contact, definitely will be doing lunch!




 
 
(these are a couple of dresses)

No comments:

Post a Comment