Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolution


(View of Lake Murray from the top of the mountain)

I know it doesn't sound very interesting but my New Years Resolution is pretty typical this year. It is always nice to want to get into better shape and so I am blogging to brag about myself a little bit. Year after year Ian and always say that we are going to get into shape but this year seemed really different...like we finally mean it! =) We got home from Christmas traveling and threw away everything in our fridge that was bad for us. Then we went to costco and got all raw food. We usually shop like this but our major downfall is not finding the time to cook and so we eat out a lot...we are super busy people you know. We are now going on a week of going to the gym every night and cooking. I, Julie Galyan, even got up early Sunday morning and went for the hike by myself. I love to hike because it really kicks my butt and I love the after the fact feeling however hate doing it. It is about 3 miles up...totally off roading style. I went about half way because I felt like I was going to die and I knew this would be the last place anyone would ever look for me. Here are some pictures of the mountain. I really like sports and I even consider myself competitive but I do not like hiking or camping but will do it for my hubby.



I wish I could say this is how peaceful Ian and I looked at the top but that is not the case. This is no small mountain people!






No comments:

Post a Comment