Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas

It seems that December was the busiest month of 2009. Within the last couple of weeks, it seemed like Ian and I tried to squeeze in as much as possible into the last couple of weeks…we loved every minute! Our Holiday marathon kicked off on Sunday december 20th when I went to one of my best friends wedding . Lacie and I have gone to school together every since first grade. She was a beautiful bride!



We drove home to San Diego right after the wedding with my mom and brother. I was so happy they came down to finish up all the last minute shopping. Molly was also suppose to come down but she had to work and keep my Dad company. We took my mom to the mall and it took us 45 minutes to find a parking spot…I really miss Bakersfield in times like these. We drove home late Tuesday night just in time to have the annual baking day with my sister. We love to bake all the traditional holiday goodies, gingerbread men, peppermint bark and so on. We love to bake but love even more to give it away. We went and worked out after for all the nibbling along the way!





We also took Jordyn to Calm to see the lights...it was a blast!









A lot of people ask us if it is hard trying to see people when we come to town. The drive from San Diego to Bakerfield does get old but our families are the best. Everyone knows how to share time with us and my only regret I have is not spending enough time with everyone. After doing this for almost eight years, we got it down. Every Christmas Eve is spent with Ian’s mom side of the family. This year we got Jordyn her first bike, she was so excitied. I love visitng with his Aunt Tammy and Uncle David, they always have the best wine! After visitng with his mom side we go to the Methodist Church where Ian and I got married for the Christmas Service. We were so surprised to see all the renovations they are doing…it looks great. Christmas mornig is always with my mom, dad brother and sister and then we usually go to the bigger family for breakfast. This year everyone was all over the place which was a little hard especailly because I wanted to spend time with them and think about my grandmother. This year we went to my Aunt Mary’s for a later dinner and even though some of us were apart, we called eachother. I’m sure the neightbors thought we were crazy; can you imagine that many people all on speaker phone! After we were done opening gifts at my house we headed straight for the Galyans side. We weren’t able to stick around for the white elephant but it was nice to spend time with brother in laws and nieces. We had early morning mimiosas and ate monkey bread. We got the most thoughful gift from Ian’s Grandmother. She had put together a book of Ian’s late grandfather from birth to wedding photos to when he was older. Not only did the book have photos which I though were amazing to have but Grandma Mimi also wrote on each page explaing everything. I was SO touched. I never got to meet him and it is such a nice thing to have especially when you have questions. The book really inspired me. THANK YOU GRANDMA MIMI!!!
 










Even though this year has been somewhat difficult, it definitely ended on a good note. I got my leather chair that I wanted for Christmas and Ian and I are planning a trip to Puerto Rico in June for a week. We are so excited! Merry Christmas to all!
                                   
                                      
                                      

                                      

1 comment:

  1. It will be great to watch After Miss Julie, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/After_Miss_Julie-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete